Intensely flavored sweet, from bananas, with a characteristic and distinctive flavor of cloves, it combines very well with spicy flavors such as cinnamon. Highly energetic, the banana from Madeira (from the Madeira archipelago, Portugal) is widely consumed by high competition athletes: it is rich in sucrose, glucose, fructose, fiber, potassium, magnesium and several vitamins from groups A, B and C.
Ideal jam for topping on crepes, waffles, crumbles, pancakes, toast or toast, cereal, pies, croissants and desserts .
Meia.dúzia® jams in tubes are number 1 in the world and were awarded for their flavor and innovation in 2014 and 2016 in Madrid at the Salon Gourmet de Madrid, ITQI Superior Taste Awards 2015 and 2016 in Brussels, and GREAT TASTE in the United Kingdom in 2015 and 2017.
- Discover more than 25 flavors of these gourmet jams in tubes, between traditional flavors and exclusive and daring flavors, flavors for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- The Production Method: The fruit jams are prepared by hand, in batches of a maximum of 40 kg and in pans, with fruits from various regions of Portugal, each with more than 55% of fruit, without adding additives and preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar, keeping and preserving the traditional methods.
- Packaging Advantages: The packaging is practical, easy to use and to spread, without the need to use a spoon. They are more hygienic, easy to transport, and can be taken to work, school and help you taking a break with lots of flavor. They are opaque, with no contact between the product and light, reduced contact with air after opening, which reduces oxidation and increases the validity of the product.
- Packaging Recycling: Our packaging is made with more than 99.7% infinitely recycled aluminum, without losing quality and without having to extract more from Nature. Place it in the yellow color bin, for metals.
- Storage and Conservation: Store at room temperature before opening. After opening, store in the cold, in the fridge.
Ideal jam for topping on crepes, waffles, crumbles, pancakes, toast or toast, cereal, pies, croissants and desserts.
Recipes | Chef
- Tropical mille-feuille with Azores Pineapple Extra Jam With Lemongrass meia.dúzia® - Lígia Santos – 1st Portugal’s Masterchef
- Crepe with red fruits, ice cream and banana and clementine jam with cinnamon meia.dúzia® - Chef Álvaro Costa
- Tuna toast with black olive paste and banana and clementine jam with cinnamon meia.dúzia® - Chef Álvaro Costa
- French toast with banana and clementine jam with cinnamon meia.dúzia® - Chef Gil Pinto
- Oatmeal pancakes with banana and clementine jam, eucalyptus honey and cinnamon
- Banana, Cinnamon and Chocolate Cupcake
- Banana and Cinnamon Cupcake with Banana and Clementine Jam Topping
- Yogurt cake with half a dozen flavors
Banana (49%), sugar, clementine (12%), cinnamon (3%), gelling agent (pectin) and acidity regulator (citric acid). Prepared with 61g of fruits per 100g. Total sugar content 60g per 100g.
Average nutritional information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: : Energy 750kJ / 177kcal; Fats 0.3 g / 0.01oz, of which saturated fat acids 0.1 g / 0.004oz; Carbohydrates 41.8 g / 1oz, of which sugars 34.7 g / 1oz; Proteins 0.9 g / 0.03oz; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0oz.
Origin of raw materials
Banana da Madeira has its origin certified by the European Union as an agricultural product from an Outermost Region. It gives energy and takes care of the body like no one else, as it is rich in sucrose, glucose, fructose, fiber, potassium, magnesium and several vitamins from groups A, B and in vitamin C. The main characteristic that distinguishes Madeira bananas from all others bananas is its sweet and intense flavor.
Clementine, a medium-sized fruit with a spherical and flat shape, with a yellow-orange skin and medium thickness. The pulp of this fruit is of medium consistency, with 10 to 11 buds and a pleasant flavor. It has no seeds, or few, and the juice content varies between 37% and 47%. The ripening season runs from November to January.