This jam, with cherry from Fundão PGI (Protected Geographical Indication), a cherry variety traditionally grown between the Serra da Gardunha, Estrela and Malcata, in Fundão, in the heart of Cova da Beira, Portugal, cherries of firm and fleshy consistency, is flavored with the brandy of unique aroma and flavor, resulting from the distillation of the grapes of the Arinto, Periquita, Trincadeira and Fernão Pires varieties in oak barrels for several years, make this sweet unique, daring and refined.
The characteristics of this jam make it an ideal accompaniment to cheeses, Cheese from the Island of S. Jorge, Azores (PDO), Castelo Branco Fresh Cheese, “Beato de Tábara” Cheese, “Asiago” Cheese (PDO), with a mild flavor such as cow's cheese, topping for ice cream, cheesecake, waffles and crepes. You can also accompany a breakfast or snack with scones.
Meia.dúzia® jams in tubes are number 1 in the world and were awarded for their flavor and innovation in 2014 and 2016 in Madrid at the Salon Gourmet de Madrid, ITQI Superior Taste Awards 2015 and 2016 in Brussels, and GREAT TASTE in the United Kingdom in 2015 and 2017.
- Discover more than 25 flavors of these gourmet jams in tubes, between traditional flavors and exclusive and daring flavors, flavors for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- The Production Method: The fruit jams are prepared by hand, in batches of a maximum of 40 kg and in pans, with fruits from various regions of Portugal, each with more than 55% of fruit, without adding additives and preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar, keeping and preserving the traditional methods.
- Packaging Advantages: The packaging is practical, easy to use and to spread, without the need to use a spoon. They are more hygienic, easy to transport, and can be taken to work, school and help you taking a break with lots of flavor. They are opaque, with no contact between the product and light, reduced contact with air after opening, which reduces oxidation and increases the validity of the product.
- Packaging Recycling: Our packaging is made with more than 99.7% infinitely recycled aluminum, without losing quality and without having to extract more from Nature. Place it in the yellow color bin, for metals.
- Storage and Conservation: Store at room temperature before opening. After opening, store in the cold, in the fridge.
The characteristics of this sweet make it an ideal accompaniment to cheeses, Cheese from the Island of S. Jorge, Azores (PDO), Castelo Branco Fresh Cheese, “Beato de Tábara” Cheese, “Asiago” Cheese (PDO), with a mild flavor such as cow's cheese, topping for ice cream, cheesecake, waffles and crepes. You can also accompany a breakfast or snack with scones.
Recipes | Chef
- Yogurt with red fruits, lemon zest and cherry jam with brandy meia.dúzia® - Chef Ignatius
- Kiwi, green apple, arugula, mozzarella cheese salad with cherry jam with brandy
‘Fundão’ cherry (55%), sugar, brandy (1.8%) (contains sulfites), gelling agent (pectin) and lemon juice. Prepared with 55 g of fruits per 100 g. Net weight: 75g. Contains alcohol.
Average nutritional information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 690 kJ / 165 kcal ; Fats 0.4 g / 0.0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.1 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 39.6 g / 1.4 oz , of which sugars 38.5 g / 1.4 oz ; Proteins 0.5 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
Allergens: Contains sulfites.
Origin of raw materials
The Fundão cherry has a firm and fleshy consistency and a very sweet flavor, whose color ranges from bright red to purple-red, and in the case of some varieties it can be from red to orange.
The brandy produced from the best Portuguese grapes, has a unique aroma and flavor that results from the distillation of grapes from the Arinto, Periquita, Trincadeira and Fernão Pires varieties.