The Raspberry and Redcurrant, combined, give rise to a slightly acidic sweet that is combined with the lemon verbena, with a slight lemon flavor, enhancing the freshness of this sweet.
These characteristics make this an ideal companion for cheeses, Cheese from the Island of S. Jorge, Azores (PDO), “Roncari” – Blue Cheese (PDO), “Roquefort” Cheese (PDO), Cheese (Blue) - “Le Bleu d 'Auvergne“ (PDO), “Pecorino“ cheese (PDO), “Gournay” cheese, “Mozzarella” cheese, salads, chicken, pork and veal dishes. Excellent as a topping for ice cream, yoghurts, panna cotta and crepes, pancakes, filling for cakes and cookies.
Meia.dúzia® jams in tubes are number 1 in the world and were awarded for their flavor and innovation in 2014 and 2016 in Madrid at the Salon Gourmet de Madrid, ITQI Superior Taste Awards 2015 and 2016 in Brussels, and GREAT TASTE in the United Kingdom in 2015 and 2017.
- Discover more than 25 flavors of these gourmet jams in tubes, between traditional flavors and exclusive and daring flavors, flavors for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- The Production Method: The fruit jams are prepared by hand, in batches of a maximum of 40 kg and in pans, with fruits from various regions of Portugal, each with more than 55% of fruit, without adding additives and preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar, keeping and preserving the traditional methods.
- Packaging Advantages: The packaging is practical, easy to use and to spread, without the need to use a spoon. They are more hygienic, easy to transport, and can be taken to work, school and help you taking a break with lots of flavor. They are opaque, with no contact between the product and light, reduced contact with air after opening, which reduces oxidation and increases the validity of the product.
- Packaging Recycling: Our packaging is made with more than 99.7% infinitely recycled aluminum, without losing quality and without having to extract more from Nature. Place it in the yellow color bin, for metals.
- Storage and Conservation: Store at room temperature before opening. After opening, store in the cold, in the fridge.
Ideal accompaniment to cheeses, Cheese from the Island of S. Jorge, Azores (PDO), “Roncari” Cheese – Blue (PDO), “Roquefort“ Cheese (PDO), Cheese (Blue) - “Le Bleu d'Auvergne“ (PDO ), “Pecorino“ cheese (PDO), “Gournay” cheese, “Mozzarella” cheese, salads, chicken, pork and veal dishes.
Excellent as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, panna cotta and crepes, pancakes, filling for cakes and cookies.
Recipes | Chef
Raspberry (40%), sugar, redcurrant (15%), gelling agent (pectin), verbena (0.9%) and lemon juice. Prepared with 55 g of fruits per 100 g. Net weight: 75g.
Average nutritional information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 789 kJ / 189 kcal ; Fats 0.3 g / 0.0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.0 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 46.3 g / 1.6 oz , of which sugars 43.6 g / 1.5 oz ; Proteins 0.6 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
Origin of raw materials
Currants come from a bush and there are different cultivars (different types of the same plant) that produce it. Gooseberries are usually ready to be picked between mid and late summer. The bush reaches heights of 1m to 2m, produces a greenish-yellow flower. Gooseberries grow on the branches of the bush, being a bright red fruit.
Lemon verbena is known mainly for its digestive properties, and is also a nervous system relaxant, fighting migraines, nervousness, restlessness and insomnia.
Raspberries fight fluid retention, rid the body of toxins, improve the health of hair, nails and skin. With few calories, raspberries are a great option for those on a diet. September is the last month of your season. One of the nutritional properties that stands out the most is the richness in vitamin C.