This jam is extremely aromatic due to the characteristics of the Bravo de Esmolfe apple, an apple with Protected Designation of Origin (PDO), from Beira Alta Portugal, juicy, sweet and at the same time acidic, which, combined with the freshness of mint and the warm and sweet aroma of White Port Wine, give this jam a unique and sophisticated flavor.
It can be used as an accompaniment to meat dishes, salads and salad vinaigrettes, as an accompaniment in recipes such as crab cakes or veal scallops with mushrooms, topping for ice cream or cakes or even in cocktails with Martini and ginger and desserts, crepes and pancakes.
Meia.dúzia® jams in tubes are number 1 in the world and were awarded for their flavor and innovation in 2014 and 2016 in Madrid at the Salon Gourmet de Madrid, ITQI Superior Taste Awards 2015 and 2016 in Brussels, and GREAT TASTE in the United Kingdom in 2015 and 2017.
- Discover more than 25 flavors of these gourmet jams in tubes, between traditional flavors and exclusive and daring flavors, flavors for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- The Production Method: The fruit jams are prepared by hand, in batches of a maximum of 40 kg and in pans, with fruits from various regions of Portugal, each with more than 55% of fruit, without adding additives and preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar, keeping and preserving the traditional methods.
- Packaging Advantages: The packaging is practical, easy to use and to spread, without the need to use a spoon. They are more hygienic, easy to transport, and can be taken to work, school and help you taking a break with lots of flavor. They are opaque, with no contact between the product and light, reduced contact with air after opening, which reduces oxidation and increases the validity of the product.
- Packaging Recycling: Our packaging is made with more than 99.7% infinitely recycled aluminum, without losing quality and without having to extract more from Nature. Place it in the yellow color bin, for metals.
- Storage and Conservation: Store at room temperature before opening. After opening, store in the cold, in the fridge.
It can be used as an accompaniment to meat dishes, salads and salad vinaigrettes, as an accompaniment in recipes such as crab cakes or veal scallops with mushrooms, topping ice cream or cakes or even cocktails with Martini and ginger and desserts, crepes and pancakes.
Recipes | Chef
- Smoked salmon salad with Bravo de Esmolfe Apple Extra Jam with Mint and Port Wine meia.dúzia®
- Vegetarian salad with Bravo de Esmolfe Apple Extra Jam with Mint and Port Wine meia.dúzia®
Bravo de Esmolfe apple (55%), sugar, Port wine (1.3%) (contains sulfites), gelling agent (pectin), mint (0.9%) and lemon Juice. Prepared with 55 g of fruits per 100 g. Net weight: 75 g. Contains alcohol.
Average nutritional information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 773 kJ / 185 kcal ; Fats 0.3 g / 0.0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.1 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 40.2 g / 1.4 oz , of which sugars 39.6 g / 1.4 oz ; Proteins 0.1 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
Allergens: Contains sulfites.
Origin of raw materials
The Bravo de Esmolfe Apple (PDO) is an apple with unique characteristics, extremely aromatic and juicy, sweet and at the same time acidic. It has an oblong-conical shape, white pulp and its whitish epidermis sometimes has pink spots. This regional variety, known since the 19th century XVIII, is originally from the village of Esmolfe (Penalva do Castelo, Portugal) and would have come from a tree first cultivated from a seed. As its fruits are very popular, grafts were obtained that spread this variety to several fruit production areas, especially in the Beira Alta Region and in part of Cova da Beira.