’Rocha’ Pear (PDO) is an exclusively Portuguese variety produced, for the most part, on the Central West Coast of Portugal. It is a fruit with an appetizing color, texture and flavor. ‘Douro’ Muscatel, a liqueur wine, makes an extremely delicate and light connection with Rocha pear, making it a sweet with a unique flavor.
Ideal to accompany scones, toasts, crepes and tea. Excellent with duck meat dishes and game meat, in the preparation of vinaigrettes and salads, as well as in cocktails with Muscatel wine, or to complement a Margarita cocktail, perfect to accompany cheeses, especially sandwiches with Brie cheese.
Meia.dúzia® jams in tubes are number 1 in the world and were awarded for their flavor and innovation in 2014 and 2016 in Madrid at the Salon Gourmet de Madrid, ITQI Superior Taste Awards 2015 and 2016 in Brussels, and GREAT TASTE in the United Kingdom in 2015 and 2017.
- Discover more than 25 flavors of these gourmet jams in tubes, between traditional flavors and exclusive and daring flavors, flavors for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- The Production Method: The fruit jams are prepared by hand, in batches of a maximum of 40 kg and in pans, with fruits from various regions of Portugal, each with more than 55% of fruit, without adding additives and preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar, keeping and preserving the traditional methods.
- Packaging Advantages: The packaging is practical, easy to use and to spread, without the need to use a spoon. They are more hygienic, easy to transport, and can be taken to work, school and help you taking a break with lots of flavor. They are opaque, with no contact between the product and light, reduced contact with air after opening, which reduces oxidation and increases the validity of the product.
- Packaging Recycling: Our packaging is made with more than 99.7% infinitely recycled aluminum, without losing quality and without having to extract more from Nature. Place it in the yellow color bin, for metals.
- Storage and Conservation: Store at room temperature before opening. After opening, store in the cold, in the fridge.
Ideal to accompany scones, toast, crepes and tea.
Excellent accompaniment to duck meat dishes, game meat, in the preparation of vinaigrettes for salads and in cocktails with Muscatel wine.
Recipes | Chef
- Black pork ham salad with island cheese, dried fig and ‘Rocha’ Pear Jam with ‘Douro’ Muscatel
‘Rocha’ pear (55%), sugar, ‘Douro’ Muscatel wine (1.5%) (contains sulfites), gelling agent (pectin) and lemon juice. Prepared with 55 g of fruits per 100 g. Net weight: 75 g. Contains alcohol.
Average nutritional information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 784 kJ / 188 kcal ; Fats 0.2 g / 0.0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.0 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 46.6 g / 1.7 oz , of which sugars 46.0 g / 1.6 oz ; Proteins 0.2 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
Allergens: Contains sulfites.
Origin of raw materials
Rocha Pear PDO is an exclusively Portuguese variety, produced mostly on the West Central Coast of Portugal, with an approximate production area of 10,000 ha. The soil and climate factors and the expertise of the people of the West are crucial conditions for obtaining this product with exceptional organoleptic qualities, which are appreciated and recognized worldwide.
Rocha Pear PDO – Protected Designation of Origin – has the Community recognition as a traditional, quality product, which is an integral part of the Portuguese Cultural Heritage.