Blackberry Extra Jam with Hazelnut and Nutmeg
The blackberry, a fruit with a slightly sweet taste, produced in the region, by certified organic producers, combined with hazelnut and nutmeg, make this a sweet of excellence. The hazelnut, with a slightly sweet and oleaginous flavor, goes perfectly with the blackberry. Nutmeg is a spice with a pungent nutty flavor, which makes this sweet perfect to accompany good cheeses.
Ideal to pair with Castelo Branco Fresh Cheese, “Camembert” Cheese (PDO), Beira Baixa Requeijão (PDO), “Manchego” Cheese (PDO). Harmonize on a board with pata Negra or Serrano ham. Use to spread oatmeal cookies, coconut cookies, cashew cookies, chocolate cookies, cereal bread, wholegrain toast, vegan cookies, and to create chocolate cream cake recipes. As a topping and filling for healthy American pancakes, oatmeal pancakes, banana pancakes, chocolate cakes and berry cakes.
Meia.dúzia® jams in tubes are number 1 in the world and were awarded for their flavor and innovation in 2014 and 2016 in Madrid at the Salon Gourmet de Madrid, ITQI Superior Taste Awards 2015 and 2016 in Brussels, and GREAT TASTE in the United Kingdom in 2015 and 2017.
- Discover more than 25 flavors of these gourmet jams in tubes, between traditional flavors and exclusive and daring flavors, flavors for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- The Production Method: The fruit jams are prepared by hand, in batches of a maximum of 40 kg and in pans, with fruits from various regions of Portugal, each with more than 55% of fruit, without adding additives and preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar, keeping and preserving the traditional methods.
- Packaging Advantages: The packaging is practical, easy to use and to spread, without the need to use a spoon. They are more hygienic, easy to transport, and can be taken to work, school and help you taking a break with lots of flavor. They are opaque, with no contact between the product and light, reduced contact with air after opening, which reduces oxidation and increases the validity of the product.
- Packaging Recycling: Our packaging is made with more than 99.7% infinitely recycled aluminum, without losing quality and without having to extract more from Nature. Place it in the yellow color bin, for metals.
- Storage and Conservation: Store at room temperature before opening. After opening, store in the cold, in the fridge.
Ideal for pairing with Castelo Branco Fresh Cheese, “Camembert” Cheese (PDO), Beira Baixa Requeijão (PDO), “Manchego” Cheese (PDO).
Ideal for spreading oatmeal cookies, coconut cookies, cashew cookies, chocolate cookies, cereal bread, wholegrain toast, vegan cookies, and for creating cake recipes with chocolate cream. As a topping and filling for healthy American pancakes, oatmeal pancakes, banana pancakes, chocolate cakes, berry cakes.
Recipes | Chef
- Cottage cheese with blackberry jam with hazelnut and nutmeg meia.dúzia® – 1ª Masterchef De Portugal
Blackberry (55%), sugar, hazelnut (2%), gelling agent (pectin), nutmeg (0.1%) and lemon juice. Prepared with 55 g of fruits per 100 g. Net weight: 75g. Allergens: Contains hazelnut.
Average nutritional information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 897 kJ / 215 kcal ; Fats 1.6 g / 0.1 oz; of which fat acids saturates 0.3 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 50.0 g / 1.8 oz , of which sugars 43.5 g / 1.5 oz ; Proteins 1.0 g / 0.0 oz ; salt 0.1 g / 0.0 oz.
Allergens: Contains hazelnut.
Origin of raw materials
The blackberry is a fruit of Asian origin that was later imported to Europe in the 17th century before being cultivated in other continents. Perhaps because it is a very fragile fruit, its production was largely reduced to domestic production. The blackberry (Rubus fruticosus) is the fruit (pseudoberry) of shrubs commonly known as brambles, of the Rosaceae family. Their shape gives them a very delicate texture that almost melts in the mouth. They have a sweet fragrance with a subtly acidic touch.
Nutmeg is one of the most appreciated and valued spices since antiquity for its aromatic, aphrodisiac and healing properties. The nutmeg fruit is a drupe, the size of an apricot. When it ripens, it divides and presents a seed surrounded by Nutmeg and Mace, and a lacy red layer known as “mace”. Mace is also marketed as a spice. Both nutmeg seed and mace are spices that contain many antioxidant chemical compounds known to act in disease prevention and health promotion.
The brandy produced from the best Portuguese grapes, has a unique aroma and flavor that results from the distillation of grapes from the Arinto, Periquita, Trincadeira and Fernão Pires varieties.