Passion fruit, a tropical fruit with a very characteristic and slightly acidic flavor, combines with the subtlety of added ginger, making the jam slightly spicy.
Ideal as an accompaniment to sushi, salads and vinaigrettes, filling for cakes and macaroni, topping for ice cream, yogurt, crepes, panna cotta and waffles.
Meia.dúzia® jams in tubes are number 1 in the world and were awarded for their flavor and innovation in 2014 and 2016 in Madrid at the Salon Gourmet de Madrid, ITQI Superior Taste Awards 2015 and 2016 in Brussels, and GREAT TASTE in the United Kingdom in 2015 and 2017.
- Discover more than 25 flavors of these gourmet jams in tubes, between traditional flavors and exclusive and daring flavors, flavors for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- The Production Method: The fruit jams are prepared by hand, in batches of a maximum of 40 kg and in pans, with fruits from various regions of Portugal, each with more than 55% of fruit, without adding additives and preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar, keeping and preserving the traditional methods.
- Packaging Advantages: The packaging is practical, easy to use and to spread, without the need to use a spoon. They are more hygienic, easy to transport, and can be taken to work, school and help you taking a break with lots of flavor. They are opaque, with no contact between the product and light, reduced contact with air after opening, which reduces oxidation and increases the validity of the product.
- Packaging Recycling: Our packaging is made with more than 99.7% infinitely recycled aluminum, without losing quality and without having to extract more from Nature. Place it in the yellow color bin, for metals.
- Storage and Conservation: Store at room temperature before opening. After opening, store in the cold, in the fridge.
Ideal as an accompaniment to sushi, filling for cakes, desserts, yogurts, crepes and panna cotta.
Recipes | Chef
- Yogurt cake with half a dozen flavors
Passion Fruit (64%), sugar, ginger (0.5%), gelling agent (pectin) and lemon juice. Prepared with 64 g of fruits per 100 g. Net weight: 75 g.
Average nutritional information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: : Energy 879 kJ / 210 kcal ; Fats 1.0 g / 0.0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.1 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 51.4 g / 1.8 oz , of which sugars 40.0 g / 1.4 oz ; Proteins 4.3 g / 0.2 oz ; Salt 0.1 g / 0.0 oz.
Origin of raw materials
Passion fruit belongs to the Passiflora family and grows on climbing plants. Passion fruit has a leathery, yellowish-green rind. Its gelatinous pulp is orange or yellowish and contains edible black seeds. In South America, Catholic missionaries called it the “fruit of passion”. They considered that the flowers of the plant resembled the crown of thorns placed on the head of Christ.