PACK 6 Honey from Portugal
An experience that will surprise honey lovers and those who enjoy sophisticated flavours!
A selection of 6 honeys from different regions of Portugal. The multifloral organic honey was left plain, the rest were mixed with dehydrated fruits and spices, to provide a journey through the gastronomy of Portugal.
- Honey harvested in Serra da Lousã with ginger: Honey harvested on the slopes and valleys of Serra da Lousã. Mountain honey, characteristic of heather flowering, common in the highlands of the central mountain massif. It is a honey full of personality, with a strong flavor, slightly acidic and dense consistency. It presents itself with a very dark and amber tone. It has a striking aroma and flavor, slightly spicy resulting from the mixture with ginger, and with a slight astringency, typical of heather nectar. Ginger is an herbal plant with many health benefits. As a medicinal plant, it is one of the oldest and most popular in the world. It is considered a powerful anti-inflammatory, anticoagulant, antioxidant and bactericidal.
- Eucalyptus Honey with Raisin Pear: Originating from the nectar of eucalyptus flowers, it is aromatic, with a light brown tone and a more open aroma and palate that combines delicately with other ingredients. With immense health benefits, eucalyptus honey is anti-inflammatory. Antiseptic, antibacterial and stimulant. The raisin pear comes from the 'São Bartolomeu' pear trees, fruit trees of a regional variety, produced in new and intensive orchards. The pears are subjected to a specific drying process that causes the necessary changes in the flavor, color and texture of the fresh pear in raisin. After solar drying, the fruits are ready to be squashed. The result is a reddish brown raisin pear with unique organoleptic properties, elastic, sweet and very tasty..
- Rosemary Honey with Apple and Cinnamon: From the aromatic mixture of rosemary honey with apple and cinnamon, with a flavor very recognized and appreciated by everyone, a honey with a warm and delicate flavor is obtained, with an intense aroma and flavor of cinnamon. Clear honey, with a mild and aromatic flavor, is collected by bees in the abundant fields of Rosmaninho, located on the lower slopes of Serra da Malcata, a nature reserve with 21,000 hectares. The dehydrated apple, of Portuguese origin, is finely cut into slices, and results from a drying process that reduces the moisture content of the fruit to 2%, in a controlled environment, without the addition of sugars, dyes or preservatives, resulting in a 100% product. % Natural. Cinnamon, with its warm, fragrant aroma, with antifungal, antibacterial and antiparasitic properties, has immense health benefits..
- Orange blossom honey with chilli: This smooth and clear honey, with a golden hue, mixed with the dehydrated chili pepper gives this honey a spicy flavor, which contrasts with the sweet and characteristic flavor of orange blossom honey. We have selected the smoothest honey from Laranjeira in the Algarve. A clearer and smoother honey than Rosmaninho and characterized by its accentuated acidity. It is very good for the functioning of the intestine, in addition to invigorating the skin and helping to combat insomnia. The chilli, with an intense red color, is a spice with a pungent flavor. The spiciness of the seeds, due to the presence of capsaicin (the active ingredient in pepper) is acrid, locally causing rapid and energetic stimulation.
- Serra da Estrela heather honey with elderberry: Heather honey, from Serra da Estrela, Portugal, with a remarkable aroma and flavor, is a source of energy due to its natural sugar content. A honey suitable for people who prefer less sweet products. The elderberry has been defined as the guardian of health since antiquity. It has a strong coloring power, giving the bluish/violet color to the products to which they are added. Elderberry also has a very high level of antioxidant activity and a high content of polyphenols that make it the most antioxidant of honeys. Prevents aging and degenerative diseases.
- Multifloral honey: Wild honey, harvested in the Beiras Region, Portugal. It is obtained through an experienced transhumance practice, benefiting from different blooms, including 4 varieties of Heather, Rosmaninho, Eucalyptus, Gorse, Hollyhock, Thyme, Rosemary and Borage. Very soft and delicate, it is the honey whose flavor is the preference of the largest number of consumers. With recognized health benefits, it strengthens the immune system, acts as an antitussive, antiseptic, antioxidant and mineralizing agent.
The individual packaging of each honey is triangular, so that, when joined in the complete PACK6 Honey from Portugal experience, they form a hexagon, just like the bee hives, which serve as inspiration for this packaging.
Packaging design was the winner in the food product design category at Red Dot Awards and is represented in the Booking of your Winner Package – Red Dot Award : Communication Design 2017- 2018
- ‘Serra da Estrela’ Heather Honey with Elderberry: ideal for replenishing energy at the end of the day, accompanying a crepe or for preparing a relaxing beverage.
- Organic Multifloral Honey: ideal for the preparation of salad dressings or in sauces for grilled tilapia fish, Moroccan chicken or in desserts such as yogurt mousse with rose, coconut cake, pear muffins, chocolate with almonds, lavender cupcakes, lavender pannacotta and brownies.
- Orange Blossom Honey with Chilli: to taste with shrimp skewers with mango, honey and garlic sauce for grilled meats, honey mustard sauce, sauce for samosas, pork medallions with orange and mango, orange and carrot soup, spinach salad, pineapple cocktail and hamburgers. Try it with blue cheeses and fresh goat cheeses.
- Rosemary Honey with Apple and Cinnamon: This combination is ideal for bruschetta, strong cheeses, pork, sandwiches, fried bananas, roasted pears or drinks such as milkshakes and sangria.
- Eucalyptus Honey with ‘Passa’ Pear: ideal to replenish energy after a trip to the gym or to accompany bruschetta, caramelized carrots, rustic bread, sandwiches, peaches with mascarpone and honey, grilled shrimp, lobster spaghetti or salads, ice cream or cocktails (with vodka, vanilla, lemon, ginger and honey).
- Honey Collected in ‘Serra da Lousã’ with Ginger: ideal for accompanying meat dishes and for preparing sweet and sour sauces.
Recipes | Chef
- Oat Pancakes with ‘Madeira’ Banana and Clementine Jam with Eucalyptus Honey and Cinnamon meia.dúzia®
- Smoked Salmon Salad with Bravo de Esmolfe Apple Jam with Mint and Port Wine meia.dúzia®
- Vegeterian Salad with Bravo de Esmolfe Apple Jam with Mint and Port Wine meia.dúzia®
- Mozzarella and tomato with Orange Blossom Honey with Chilli meia.dúzia®
- Kiwi, green apple, arugula, mozzarella cheese salad with Fundão Cherry Jam with Brandy
- Vegan Pancakes with Blueberries Jam and Honey from Serra da Estrela meia.dúzia®
- Pancakes with Cottage Cheese and Pumpkin Jam with Port Wine meia.dúzia®
- Pancakes with Bravo de Esmolfe Apple Jam with Cinnamon meia.dúzia®
- ‘Serra da Estrela’ Heather Honey with Elderberry : Honey (98%) and elderberry (2%).
- Organic Multifloral Honey: Multifloral honey (100%).
- Orange Blossom Honey with Chilli: Honey (99.9%) and Chilli (0.1%).
- Rosemary Honey with Apple and Cinnamon: Honey (99%), apple and cinnamon (1%).
- Eucalyptus Honey with ‘Passa’ Pear: Honey (95%) and ‘passa’ pear (5%).
- Honey Collected in ‘Serra da Lousã’ with Ginger: Honey (99%) and ginger (1%).
- ‘Serra da Estrela’ Heather Honey with Elderberry : Nutritional Information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 1244 kJ / 297 kcal ; Fats 0.0 g / 0.0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.0 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 75.0 g / 2.7 oz , of which sugars 74.7 g / 2.6 oz ; Proteins 0.5 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
- Organic Multifloral Honey: Nutritional Information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 1293 kJ / 309 kcal ; Fats 0.1 g / 0.0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.0 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 78.0 g / 2.8 oz , of which sugars 78.0 g / 2.8 oz ; Proteins 0.5 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
- Orange Blossom Honey with Chilli: Nutritional Information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 1293 kJ / 309 kcal ; Fats 0.0 g / 0.0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.0 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 78.1 g / 2.75 oz , of which sugars 78.0 g / 2.8 oz ; Proteins 0.5 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
- Rosemary Honey with Apple and Cinnamon: Nutritional Information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 1304 kJ / 311 kcal/ ; Fats 0,0 g / 0,0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.0 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 78.1 g / 2.8 oz , of which sugars 77.7 g / 2.7 oz ; Proteins 0.6 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
- Eucalyptus Honey with ‘Passa’ Pear: Nutritional Information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 1295 kJ / 310 kcal ; Fats 0.0 g / 0.0 oz, which fat acids saturates 0.0 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 77.8 g / 2.8 oz, of which sugars 75.3 g / 2.7 oz ; Proteins 0.6 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
- Honey Collected in ‘Serra da Lousã’ with Ginger: Nutritional Information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 1295 kJ / 309 kcal ; Fats 0.1 g / 0.0 oz, which fat acids saturates 0.0 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 78.7 g / 2.8 oz, of which sugars 77.3 g / 2.7 oz ; Proteins 0.5 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
Origin of raw materials
- ‘Serra da Estrela’ Heather Honey with Elderberry : Serra da Estrela Portugal
- Organic Multifloral Honey: Viseu Portugal
- Orange Blossom Honey with Chilli: Algarve – Portugal
- Rosemary Honey with Apple and Cinnamon: Trás-os-Montes and Castelo Branco - Portugal
- Eucalyptus Honey with ‘Passa’ Pear: Litoral de Portugal
- Honey Collected in ‘Serra da Lousã’ with Ginger: Serra da Lousã – Portugal