Azores Pineapple Extra Jam With Lemongrass
Jam with a pleasant aroma and a very citrusy and bittersweet flavor, resulting from the mixture of pineapple from Azores, a fruit with Protected Designation of Origin (PDO), with lemongrass. It presents unique qualities, enhancing the characteristics and flavor of the fruit and the aromatic herb, which gives it a refreshing lemon aroma.
Easy to spread, ideal for spreading on oatmeal cookies, coconut cookies, cashew cookies, chocolate chip cookies, grain bread, whole wheat toast, vegan cookies, and for chocolate cakes with chocolate cream fillings.
It goes well with vinaigrettes for salads, appetizers with ham and smoked meats, pairing great on a board of pata Negra or Serrano ham. Toppings for ice cream or yoghurts, and also as a filling or topping for cakes, especially chocolate cakes, whipped cream and Panna cotta. Ideal for preparing a cocktail by combining it with vodka, gin and rum.
Meia.dúzia® jams in tubes are number 1 in the world and were awarded for their flavor and innovation in 2014 and 2016 in Madrid at the Salon Gourmet de Madrid, ITQI Superior Taste Awards 2015 and 2016 in Brussels, and GREAT TASTE in the United Kingdom in 2015 and 2017.
- Discover more than 25 flavors of these gourmet jams in tubes, between traditional flavors and exclusive and daring flavors, flavors for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- The Production Method: The fruit jams are prepared by hand, in batches of a maximum of 40 kg and in pans, with fruits from various regions of Portugal, each with more than 55% of fruit, without adding additives and preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar, keeping and preserving the traditional methods.
- Packaging Advantages: The packaging is practical, easy to use and to spread, without the need to use a spoon. They are more hygienic, easy to transport, and can be taken to work, school and help you taking a break with lots of flavor. They are opaque, with no contact between the product and light, reduced contact with air after opening, which reduces oxidation and increases the validity of the product.
- Packaging Recycling: Our packaging is made with more than 99.7% infinitely recycled aluminum, without losing quality and without having to extract more from Nature. Place it in the yellow color bin, for metals.
- Storage and Conservation: Store at room temperature before opening. After opening, store in the cold, in the fridge.
Easy to spread, ideal for spreading on oatmeal cookies, coconut cookies, cashew cookies, chocolate chip cookies, grain bread, wholegrain toast, vegan cookies, and for chocolate cakes with chocolate cream fillings.
It goes well with vinaigrettes for salads, appetizers with ham and smoked foods, toppings for ice cream or yogurt, and as a filling and topping for cakes, especially chocolate cakes, whipped cream and Panna cotta pies. Ideal for preparing a cocktail by combining it with vodka, gin and rum.
Recipes | Chef
- Sliced “Pata Negra” ham with Azores Pineapple Extra Jam With Lemongrass meia.dúzia® - Lígia Santos – 1st Portugal’s Masterchef
- Tropical mille-feuille with Azores Pineapple Extra Jam With Lemongrass meia.dúzia® - Lígia Santos – 1st Portugal’s Masterchef
- Yogurt cake with half a dozen flavors
Azores pineapple (55%), sugar, lemongrass (2.5%), gelling agent (pectin) and lemon juice. Prepared with 55 g of fruits per 100 g. Net weight: 75 g.
Average nutritional information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 793 kJ / 190 kcal ; Fats 0.1 g / 0.0 oz , of which saturated fat acids 0.0 g / 0.0 oz ; Carbohydrates 47.3 g / 1.7 oz , of which sugars 47.0 g / 1.7 oz ; Proteins 0.3 g / 0.0 oz ; Salt 0.0 g / 0.0 oz.
Origin of raw materials
The pineapple from Azores/S. Miguel from Portugal (Ananas comosus L. Merril, Cayene variety) is produced in glass greenhouses using traditional cultivation techniques: application of “fumes” and the use of “warm beds” based on vegetable matter. After a period of two years, from planting to harvesting, a fruit with unique aroma and flavor qualities is obtained. The culture was introduced in S. Miguel around 1840-50, being commercialized in Europe for more than a century. Cylindrical shaped fruit, slightly tapered, with a strong orange peel and yellow pulp. The pineapple pulp has a translucent yellow color, a sui generis bittersweet flavor and a very pleasant aroma.
Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) appears spontaneously in the savannas of southern India, Indonesia and Malaysia, and is widely cultivated in Africa and Brazil, as a medicinal and spice plant, supplying the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries. Used in tea, it results in a very pleasant drink with a strong lemon flavor, which works as a digestive and can accompany meals. Can be used to improve bad mood and heartburn. It also has a hepatoprotective and antispasmodic action on the digestive tract. It has calming properties, so it is consumed to improve sleep, along with linden.