This fig jam, variety honey drop, produced in the region of Trás-os-Montes, Portugal, is a sweet, tasty fruit with a consistent pulp, mixed with orange from the Algarve region, a sweet and sour fruit, and flavored with Port wine, a liqueur wine, produced in the Douro Valley Portugal, being one of the most appreciated liqueur wines in the world.
Ideal for pairing with cheeses, “Transmontano” Goat Cheese (PDO), “Brie de Meaux“, “Brie de Melun“ (PDO), “Gorgonzola“ (PDO) and roasted pork dishes.
Ideal also to accompany foie-gras, curd cheesecake and desserts.
Meia.dúzia® jams in tubes are number 1 in the world and were awarded for their flavor and innovation in 2014 and 2016 in Madrid at the Salon Gourmet de Madrid, ITQI Superior Taste Awards 2015 and 2016 in Brussels, and GREAT TASTE in the United Kingdom in 2015 and 2017.
- Discover more than 25 flavors of these gourmet jams in tubes, between traditional flavors and exclusive and daring flavors, flavors for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- The Production Method: The fruit jams are prepared by hand, in batches of a maximum of 40 kg and in pans, with fruits from various regions of Portugal, each with more than 55% of fruit, without adding additives and preservatives and with a reduced amount of sugar, keeping and preserving the traditional methods.
- Packaging Advantages: The packaging is practical, easy to use and to spread, without the need to use a spoon. They are more hygienic, easy to transport, and can be taken to work, school and help you taking a break with lots of flavor. They are opaque, with no contact between the product and light, reduced contact with air after opening, which reduces oxidation and increases the validity of the product.
- Packaging Recycling: Our packaging is made with more than 99.7% infinitely recycled aluminum, without losing quality and without having to extract more from Nature. Place it in the yellow color bin, for metals.
- Storage and Conservation: Store at room temperature before opening. After opening, store in the cold, in the fridge.
Ideal to accompany meats, ham and cheeses.
Recipes | Chef
Fig (45%), sugar, orange (10%), Port wine (1.5%) (contains sulfites), gelling agent (pectin) and lemon juice. Prepared with 55g of fruits per 100g. Net weight: 75 g. Contains alcohol.
Average nutritional information per 100 g / 3.53 oz: Energy 768 kJ / 184 kcal; Fats 0.3g / 0.0 oz, of which saturated fat acids 0.1g / 0.0 oz; Carbohydrates 45.2g / 1.6 oz, of which sugars 44.4g / 1.6 oz; Proteins 0.6g / 0.0 oz; Salt 0.0g / 0.0 oz.
Allergens: Contains sulfites.
Origin of raw materials
Depending on the season of production, figs are called lampos (May and June) and vintage (July/September) . It is a fruit with well-marked organoleptic characteristics, with great nutritional qualities, being rich in vitamins B and C and mineral salts (especially calcium, phosphorus and potassium). Thin, colorful and shiny rind, high juice content, sweetness and unique organoleptic characteristics are some of the characteristics of orange from Algarve.